Sunday, May 02, 2010

A nice but odd Sunday. We got a call from our neighbor Dick rather early this morning. I know that he has not been feeling well, asthma and allergies and told him that he should call if he needed help. He needed some groceries. I am surprised he called that early but went and picked his food up after breakfast and walking Chelsea. I brought him some of my minestrone soup too.

I spent a good hunk of the day cleaning my desk. I still cannot find my gold watch and the three now four missing rings. I am totally baffled. But now I have the cleanest desk in the world. Roxie has a spot to sit on the shelves at the side now and is fascinated by the perch.

I was remembering another cat that passed through my life. My Uncle Noel and Aunt Lois had a cat called Bolivar. He was black and white and lived to be over 20 years old. My Grandpa Bowser was not all that fond of cats but when he visited Noel and Lois, Bolivar always searched Grandpa out to sit on. Grandpa would tolerate him until he started kneading. Bolivar still had his claws.

As I said he lived to be over 20. In his last year he just ate and lay in the sun in the yard. Uncle Noel would walk by him and pet him say. "Aren't you ever going to die?" Yes, Bolivar had quite a life.

We had lasagna for our dinner and Minestrone soup for supper.

Next week is Dick's birthday. He will be 80 years old. We want to get him up and walking again this week.

That is all for today. Take care and be happy.

God love you

Mary

No comments: