Wednesday, May 05, 2010

What a day. I got up at 3:45AM to get ready to go turkey hunting. Chelsea was very uncooperative and was not "good" after 12PM when she got me up.

Anyway, I met Kenny out at the site at 4:30AM. It had rained during the night but was not raining when we got there. So we loaded up and walked out to our blinds. I had put my fence up the day before and Kenny put his tent up on Monday. It was a really pleasant walk out there and I found my place without any problems at all. I got all settled and loaded my gun.

Then it started to rain. I gutsed it out for about 45 minutes until the second layer of my clothes was wet. It took a while because I was under the trees and it was not a real down pour. But when I started feeling like a wet rag, I knew it was time to leave. So I did. I decided it was not fun any more and that is why I go out. I got home at about 6 and took a shower. Dick did not wake up til about 7AM. He was, of course, glad to see me. I called Bobbie to tell her that she did not have to come and walk the girl after all.

So I had an extra day at home. I called our neighbor, Dick, to see how he is doing. They are still doing some diagnosing. I went grocery shopping. My sweetheart is very happy with me. I got raw beef for him. He had mentioned that he thought he would like that.

I took a short nap this morning and spent a couple of hours downstairs sewing.

This evening I called Ken and Dolores and called just as Kenny had come home. He Got A Turkey!!!!!.. I am so happy for him and told him that I would just as soon not go out again as I am so very tired these days. Guess What! He is going to dry and mount the tail of this turkey for me. The mounted turkey fans are so very beautiful. What a guy.


I found out today that Celtic Women will be able to be as involved as we want in the Sheboygan History Museum's Third Saturday in June, June 17. The name of the program is "When Irish Eyes Were Smiling - The Story of Immigration." We have to do some planning but should be able to satisfy everybody.

So. It is 7PM and I will be in bed before 9PM as I am still very tired.

Hope your day was as full as mine.

God love you

Mary

No comments: