Tuesday, February 02, 2010

This was my post for the 26th of January. I accidentally put it in the wrong blog. It is new to me having two and I will have to be REALLY careful.

Mary



What a day. I spent the morning trying to get things picked up and organized around here. It was trash day so Chelsea and I took the bags out as we were taking her on her morning walk. I twas cold today, but not windy and at least the streets were dry so my feet did not get wet and icky.

I have a box ready to take over to St. Vinnies. I have emptied the things out of my closet that I don't want. I am still trying to decide what to do with the 10 or so raggedy towels that I need to get out of the house. We have not disposed of a towel since we were married and now have all these towels that are ragged on the edges so out they are going. I don't know if St. Vinnies will want them or if there is someone who just plain needs rags.

I left at noon to meet Beth Dippel at Ella's in Sheboygan Falls. I ordered a tuna on marble rye. Good sandwich. We had a lot to discuss as Sheboygan County Historical Research and Celtic Women make a good mix. We are going to cosponsor Mary Pat Kelly to come and speak in the county in June. You want to read a good book. Read Galway Bay by Mary Pat Kelly. The SCHRC is doing an ethnic cook book and would like our members to submit recipes and the stories that go with them. In return, we will receive three books or so to sell for our profit.

After our lunch I went over to the Research Center to get a lesson on how to use Ancestry.com. I have it and keep running into stumbling blocks. Katie, Beth's daughter, went over a few things with me. Now I can get in there and follow thread and if I hit a snag, give her a call and I'll bet she can walk me through it.

Now it is time to close down shop. I am tired and it is close to bedtime.

Tomorrow is busy too. Shopping in the morning, the amputee support group in the afternoon and Dick and I are going out on a date for dinner in the evening.

I love it..


God love you

Mary

No comments: