Thursday, February 04, 2010

Well, I went to meat mania at the Piggly Wiggly this morning. Once a year the Pig has a meat sale so I decided to fill the freezer compartments of our refrigerators. These sales are kind of hard for me because there are SUCH good deals and with there being only two of us, I don't like to get too much and it is hard to stop buying. But one has to be practical as it does have a shelf life, or freezer life, whatever you call it. I got some ground chuck, a whole pork tenderloin and a beef tenderloin. The nice thing is that they will cut it up any way you want it.

I got up at 6AM fed the dogs and went right over to the sale, so I was home by 7:30AM or so. Then Joan came to clean the house and I did some wash and sorted and packed the meat.

At 11:00AM we went to the Sheboygan Clinic to have Dr. Moreno look at the wound on Dick's right leg and check the swelling. Whew! It is, of course, not good, but Dr. Moreno said that we came in at a good time and gave us some new medicine for the wound and new instructions. If it is not healed by a week from tomorrow, we are to call and come to see him the following Monday. He indicated that he thinks that when the wound heals, the swelling will go down.

We stopped at Mother's on the way home so I could drop off her prescriptions and some money. I had cashed a check for her. I also took her a piece of the lime cheesecake that I made for our dinner with Bobbie and Bill this evening. Jeff and Kathy were just arriving when we got to Mother's. They brought her lunch from Mc Donalds and were there to visit and do things for her. They are leaving for Hawaii to see Matt and his family.

We picked up our lunch at Dairy Queen. Then I took a nap. Boy did I sleep. Roxie really likes that.

Bobbie and Bill came over late this afternoon. Bobbie and I racked one wine, filtered two others and then bottled one of the wines we filtered and two others. A very successful day. Now comes the waiting. No wine before its time. We worked on strawberry, grapevine, grape rosemary, her Sheboygan Spice and peach.

My neighbor, Jan, who I asked you to pray for is home from the hospital. I took them some chicken soup this afternoon.

I fixed an Impossible Quiche with a tossed salad and the lime cheesecake for our supper. I like to cook and it is even nicer when we have company.

Tomorrow should be somewhat quieter . I hope so. I do have a lot of people to talk to and loose ends to tie up on a couple of projects.

I think I will cook the first of the pork loin that I bought for our dinner.

Take Care

Mary

No comments: