Wednesday, February 03, 2010

This morning was grocery shopping day. I did not have too much to get because tomorrow is the Plymouth Piggly Wiggly Annual Meat Sale. The store is all lined with big meat refrigerators. The cashiers and stock people are getting nervous. I promised them that I would be back for the meat mania in the morning. I have reserved room in the refrigerator/freezer downstairs so that I can get a pork tenderloin, a beef tenderloin and hamburger. They open at 6AM and I intend to get there by 6:30 or 7AM. I figure it will be busy then but worse later.

I also had several other errands to run so it was almost 10AM when I finally got home.

We made an appointment with Dr. Morino for tomorrow. The wound on Dick's leg is not healing and the leg is swelling up. We have been trying to get it healed since last week sometime and the swelling is the final blow.

My friend Bob Fleming came over this afternoon to bring back a book that he had borrowed. Had not seen him for a while. We had a nice visit over a cup of tea. I reminded him that I would like him to do a St. Bridget painting or greeting card.

Roxie was pleased to greet him. He has a kitty, named Shadow, and realizes how wonderful kitties are.

Did a couple of loads of wash today too. And made a dessert for tomorrow night. Bobbie and Bill are coming over for dinner. Bobbie WAS going to come over for lunch but with the doctor appointment that won't work. She and I are going to "do" wine. Things have been put on hold with her broken wrist and with the holidays and all.

I called my friend Maureen in Chicago too so that we could talk about the Ireland trip which we are planning for next year. Face to Face is much better than trying to communicate bit by bit on email.

Tomorrow is going to be busy, what with the meat sale and the doctor appointment. So I had better wind down and get to bed soon.

God love you

Mary

This recipe sounds like fun. I have not tried it myself. If you do and it works, let me know

3-MINUTE CHOCOLATE MUG CAKE
>
> 1 Coffee Mug
> 4 tablespoons flour (that's plain flour, not self-rising)
> 4 tablespoons sugar
> 2 tablespoons baking cocoa
> 1 egg
> 3 tablespoons milk
> 3 tablespoons oil
> 3 tablespoons chocolate chips (optional)
> Small splash of vanilla
>
> Add dry ingredients to mug, and mix well .
> Add the egg and mix thoroughly.
> Pour in the milk and oil and mix well.
> Add the chocolate chips (if using) and vanilla, and mix again.
> Put your mug in the microwave and cook for 3 minutes at 1000 watts.
> The cake will rise over the top of the mug, but don't be alarmed!
> Allow to cool a little, and tip out onto a plate if desired.
>
> “And why is this the most dangerous cake recipe in the world?
> Because now we are all only 5 minutes away from chocolate cake at
> any time of the day or night!”
>
>

1 comment:

microwavemugcakes.com said...

This is a wonderful recipe! If you're interested in more recipes like this, please visit my site, www.microwavemugcakes.com, where you can find a free recipe for a Blueberry Muffin Microwave Mug Cake. It comes from my book, "101 Recipes for Microwave Mug Cakes."