Monday, February 01, 2010

I am excited. I DID get my chapbook sent off to the WFOP contest this morning. It had to be postmarked no later than February 1. Sun Graphics called to tell me early today to let me know that it was ready. I had told them I only needed the one and the rest they could take their time on. It looks great. The paper we used is perfect and their printers do such a nice sharp job. This one is somewhat smaller and I believe I will sell it for $4. Now I have two books available. Fragments and Seeking. Dick helped me edit and pick out the name.

We had Bible study this morning. There were five of us there. We read the part of Mark 9 where Jesus, Peter, James and John came down from the mountain after the Transfiguration where Jesus had Moses and Elijah with him and really wowed the Apostles. We got into a discussion of Elijah. He is the guy that was whisked up to heaven in a fiery chariot and is supposed to come back when the end is near. But there are also some who say he was John the Baptist. I don't think so as that would support reincarnation which makes no sense at all to me. I think I will read more about Elijah and see what his prophesies were and all.

I went over to Mom's next and we had a good visit. I was able to tell her that Holly and Jessie tied with 12. She knew that Jessie won the beer tasting contest but did not know the scores. We had a great visit as usual. She is looking good and looking forward to better weather and returning to church and her Senior Meals.

Home again, Dick and I had venison roast and stuffing for our dinner. Tonight we had the Brunswick Stew with crackers and cheese. I still won't have to cook tomorrow as we have the turkey cordon bleu left for tomorrow's dinner.

My niece Vikki called this morning. She was trying to place someone who was in our jeep club. I did not remember the name but it was so good hearing her voice. She is a dear girl. Her son Scott is a motorcycle racer and a champion in Brazil.

Tonight was the Rhine Pymouth meeting. It went just fine. We have a lot going right now with the winter leagues and planning for a fundraiser in May, a Badger Shoot later this month and offering training for our members to be Hunters Ed instructors. Good stuff.

Now I am home and Chelsea has had me take her out three times in less than a hour. I think she really wants something else but I don't know what it is.

Well, soon I will go to bed and welcome sleep.

Til tomorrow

Mary

No comments: