Sunday, January 31, 2010

The day is winding down and I am sitting here at my computer with a kitty on my lap who is actually snoring.

It was a nice day. Chelsea didn't wake me up until about 5AM and I went back to sleep and slept until almost 7AM. I wouldn't have minded a little longer but figured that Roxie would figure out how to open the door and would come in and get me pretty soon.

I went to Mass at 9:e0AM. I just had a piece of bread for breakfast rather early. When I got back from church I fixed a nice Sunday morning brunch for Dick and me. We had hash browns, sausage and scrambled eggs with green onion. Sure was good.

Mass was very nice. The classic choir sang this morning. Kate is still very ill. Pray for her. I did visit with a couple of people I know after Mass. Father asked for an extra communion minister so I was able to do that. I always like to give the sacrament. I feel it is such an honor.

After our lunch, I took a nap. Boy am I ever looking forward to naps lately. I must be a bit run down.

I really did not do much else. Caught up on emails, make a few phone calls and just relaxed.

I called Bart and Barb. They are in a real weather mess. The ice storm knocked over power poles all over their area and they have been without power since Friday. They may not have power for a few more days. Pray for power in Lawton. This is a real serious situation. They have a small generator and are able to keep a space heater going and some emergency stuff but this is not good.

So tomorrow starts another busy day. I will be picking up my book to mail for the chapbook contest, going to bible study and then to see Mother. She called this evening and asked me to pick up a bulletin for her.

Guess that is all of the day. Sundays are supposed to be a day of rest and this pretty much qualified.

God love you

Mary

No comments: