Sunday, February 21, 2010

A very special Sunday. Chelsea let me sleep until 4:00 AM which was a minor miracle in itself. Then I slept for a couple more hours and got up for the final time. We had a nice breakfast and I finished getting things ready for the CWI meeting this afternoon.

Kate called at about 10 and asked if I wanted to got to a spaghetti dinner with her and a friend of hers before the meeting and I said yes. It was a Kiwanas fundraiser and was very good. We had salad and all the spaghetti you can eat. We had a lovely visit and then dropped Kate's friend off at her home and went directly to Toni's for our CWI meeting.

We had a scone baking fest. I brought the mixings for two batches, Cranberry and raspberry. We also mixed up a cinnamon, and one that I can't remember the name of AND Joan Kramer brought a baked batch of Irish Soda Bread Scones. They were ALL so good. We are going to gather up the recipes, and others and put them into a booklet to sell at our gatherings from the Sheboygan County Branch. Doesn't that sound like fun? When they were done and after our meeting, we sampled them with tea and good conversation.

I wore the new apron that Dick got me for Christmas and everybody loved it. I did take a couple of pictures and will put one on the blog in the next few days.

I got home at about 4PM, just before Roxie started getting insistent with Dick and fed the critters immediately before they had a chance to get nasty with me.

Dick and I had Kraft Dinner for supper.

Remember to say prayers for Michelle, who is having surgery tomorrow and for Jim, who is worried and will be the caregiver as she recovers.

God love you

Mary

No comments: