Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Today turned out to be much quieter than I expected. The Amputee Support Group meeting was canceled because of the weather. For most people it might have been OK but as Janice Lemkuil said, when we are dealing with people in wheel chairs and with mobility problems, we don't want to make it dangerous, so she canceled the meeting. I was just as glad.

I did go grocery shopping this morning and was home by 9:30AM. Dick was sleeping, so I put the groceries away and then started "corning" a beef roast that I bought this morning. I corned one several years ago and it is kind of a fun thing. The meat is wonderful but the color is not the red we expect from commercial corned beef.

I spent the resit of the day, finishing a gook, napping and working on a doll that I have been designing. When I finish her I have two more that I will be making as companion pieces. They will be the three ages of woman - maid, mother and crone. This one is the old woman. She is dressed in a dirndl shirt, a lace trimmed blouse and has a black cat sitting at her feet . I have decided that she will be carrying a rosary for effect.

We had hamburger and baked beans for lunch and soup and salad for our supper.

I bought Long Johns at the store when I was shopping today. I was hungry for donuts. When the boys were little and we lived on Orchid Drive in Santa Ana Heights, the bread man used to come by at about 9AM or so and my neighbor Joyce Nusser and myself would buy about a dozen donuts and take a break and drink coffee and eat donuts with the kids. We had an ice cream man too. AND for some time, I had a milk man. Such a shame that these neighborhood businesses are no longer existing. I suppose with the cost of gas and all it would not be practical but it was a fun and convenient thing.

Love
and
God love you

Mary

No comments: