Saturday, January 16, 2010

It was a good day. I finished the book of poems for the WFWA Chapbook contest. Dick just has to do a final edit, I will show it to the Cream City Writers and then see if it needs some trimming. It has turned out quite well, I think.

The rest of the day, I was just busy with, as Dick says, things that I do and I am, of course, tired. I made some blueberry scones this evening after church.

During the day I cut the grasses that I harvested to 10 to 12 inch lengths so that we can make St Bridget crosses out of them tomorrow during the CWI meeting. It looks like there will be 6 of us. I have gathered together several sources of legend and facts about St. Bridget which I will present first. I took the grasses in a nice big plastic bag and had Fr. Van Beeck bless them as the directions said that one should have the grasses blessed before weaving the crosses. I will have to take one to Fr. Van Beeck next weekend. Tomorrow I will soak them in water which should make them easier to work with. Our meeting is from 2 to 4PM. I will serve tea and scones and Joan Brigham said that she would bring something too. The first meeting of the year. Hope this year goes well.

We do have a big event that we will cosponsor with the Sheboygan County Historical Research Center. Mary Pat Kelly, who wrote Galway Bay, will come the first week in June to give a talk. This could be a really big event if we advertise. The book is FANTASTIC. If any of you want to read it, I have a copy.

I think I have managed to get rid of most of the ice at the front door, but still weill open the garage door and let the ladies come in through the garage. It is just plain safer.

Roxie is spending an awful lot of time in my lap lately. Just plain needy.

Love

Mary

While taking a routine vandalism report at an elementary school, I was interrupted by a little girl about 6 years old. Looking up and down at my uniform. 'Are you a cop?' she asked, 'Yes,' I answered and continued writing the report. My mother said if I ever needed help I should ask the police. Is that right?' 'Yes, that's right,' I told her. 'Well, then,' she said as she extended her foot toward me, 'would you please tie my shoe?'

No comments: