Monday, January 11, 2010

The day started off rather quietly. The most activity I had was taking Chelsea in and out of the hours. She was a constant nag again today while I was home. I am so glad that she is finally sleeping and will probably sleep until I wake her up just before I go to bed.

I went to bible study this morning. There were only four of us today. Several had medical appointments and two are in Texas for the winter. But we don't let that stop us. We are in the middle of the Gospel of Mark and enjoying the commentary.
We have an awful lot of people to pray for these days, even in our ranks.

Then I stopped at Mothers. She was sitting with freshly washed and trimmed hair for Denise to come back from the store and finish her permanent. Denise was so embarrassed. She forgot her curlers so had to go and get some. Oh well, she can use them at her shop. Mike Gustafson, Mary Margaret's husband was just leaving when I got there. Mary Margaret had sent some fresh soup for Mother's lunch. I brought food too. I put my soup in the freezer and left the meat loaf and kale out for her supper. It was good seeing Denise and catching up with her and her family. I cannot believe that Samantha is graduating from high school this spring and going to college in the fall. Like Dick said. She is only "this" high.
And her Jack is 11 already.

Denise is another of Mom's special people who do things for her. This saves Mom from going to get her hair taken care of and she was feeling not right as the perm was all gone. She is still very weak and going to the beauty parlor would be not very wise.

When I got home I knew that I had the whole afternoon and all of tomorrow at home. Wednesday, Dick and I are going out for breakfast on Wednesday and then I will go grocery shopping. So it is turning out to be a rather quiet week. As I said, no doctor appointments at all. I hardly no how to act.

Have a nice evening.

Mary



"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined,

but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to

maintain a status of independence from any who might

attempt to abuse them, which would include their

own government." -- George Washington

cid:1.2658647179@web81407.mail.mud.yahoo.com



1. "Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not" Thomas Jefferson
2. Those who trade liberty for security have neither. ~John Adams
3. Free men do not ask permission to bear arms.
4. An armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is a subject.
5. Only a government that is afraid of its citizens tries to control them.
6. Gun control is not about guns; it's about control.
7. You only have the rights you are willing to fight for.
8. Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety.
9. You don't shoot to kill; you shoot to stay alive.
10. Assault is a behavior, not a device.
11. 64,999,987 firearms owners killed no one yesterday.
12. The United States Constitution (c) 1791. All Rights Reserved.
13. The Second Amendment is in place in case the politicians ignore the others.
14. What part of 'shall not be infringed' do you NOT understand?
15. Guns have only two enemies; rust and politicians.




16. When you remove the people's right to bear arms, you create slaves.

17. The American Revolution would never have happened with gun control.

No comments: