Saturday, September 19, 2009

Today was a great day. I only had to go out twice. The first was to pick up prescriptions and corn. I did that before lunch. Then we ate the Mexican Turkey casserole for lunch and I took a nap. I didn't really get to sleep, but I did rest for about an hour.

I did a lot of preparation for the CWI telephone conference which will be Monday at 4PM, I cleaned Dick's bathroom and made a cherry tomato salad.

Then as I was getting ready to load my magazines for next week's pistol league and clean my pistol this afternoon, the phone rang. The caller ID just showed O and I almost did not answer but something told me that I should. It was BARBARA calling me from GERMANY. I was so very happy to hear her voice. She is a tired little lady. She is working hard all week and then traveling on the weekends. This weekend she and her friend went to the Kaiser Factory and to a Basket Market which apparently occurs just once a year and brings in craftspeople from all over the place. Bart is supposed to join her for three weeks in mid October.

Suzi, Dick's niece, called today too so it was a red letter day. Suzi is doing well and was just verifying addresses for the mini Kunert reunion that will be happening on October 24. We can't go but will be there in spirit. I am committed to go to the memorial for my friend Stevan Naffin on that day. I promised Bob I would join the choir for the service and will help write the tribute.

Mass was at 4PM. I saw several friends after and before. Maryanne Robinson and me had fun helping each other across the torn up road. She had cataract surgery recently and her perception is really goofy and I was limping. Maryanne and I graduated from St. Mary's Grade school in Sheboygan Falls together. Then I went to the convent, her family moved to Plymouth and when I came back from the convent, she was not there. We hooked up again at high school reunions. My Class of 58 invites EVERYBODY that ever attended school with us, so Maryanne comes when she can too. Now we belong to the same parish again.

We just had soup for supper tonight. I had my leftover clam chowder from yesterday and Dick had some leftover bean with bacon.

Bobbie sent us an article that states that Vitamin D is a good supplement to be taking to help prevent flu. A lot of Vitamin D that we receive comes from the sun and I was remembering that my boys always got their colds and flues during the dark months of January through March, even in California. When they were little we would pretend that the "Ds" were coming to get them and I would chase them around and cuddle and poke them to represent the "Ds". They always were healthier when they could get outside and play in the fresh air and sunshine.

Tomorrow I don't have to go ANYWHERE.

Thank heavens.

Have a great Sunday.

Love

Mary

No comments: