Monday, September 14, 2009

A comparatively quiet day after yesterday.

I did have bible study this morning. We had a good group there today and had a lot to discuss. We got onto the subject of why Jesus would work a miracle or run into a demon and instruct them not to tell anybody. Was he shy or trying not to get mobbed? Usually the person or thing told anyway, which is probably why he ended up having to feed thousands on occasion with only a few loaves and fishes. One can understand why he was popular. We decided that he probably wanted people to follow him for his message not the miracles.

Then I went over to Mother's. She was tired from the long day yesterday, but we both agreed that it was indeed a wonderful day and Celtic Faire. I brought her some of our Jello salad. Didn't have anything else. She was going to play cards with her friends this afternoon. This is the quiet group but they do go on. Helen was picking her up at 1 and she probably didn't get home til at least 5. But tomorrow and Wednesday she can get caught up on resting. She had better because Jeff takes her to see Dr. Hancock on Thursday for her physical.

I fixed good old Kraft Italian spaghetti for our lunch. It was a request from Dick. He does love his pasta and had asked for that particular spaghetti.

I took a short nap, then watered the tomatoes and pots on the front porch and started getting ready for bottling wine on Thursday. Bobbie and I are going to bottle the White Zin. We need to rack at least one of her smaller batches too.

Tonight I went to the Rhine Plymouth meeting. I reserved the club house for the October 17 CWI Samhain meeting. We want a little more space for a pot luck meal and some fun. The meeting was pretty standard except there is a disagreement as to how we want to improve the rifle range. I wish everybody would pay attention and not get all grouchy and loud. I think it is a guy thing.

Tomorrow I want to work on apples. Jeff and Kathy gave me a bag of them. They said they taste good but are not perfect so it would be good to make something cooked out of them. I am thinking apple crisp and maybe apple sauce.

The Packers won last night and I could not sleep until the game was over so I am really tired and am now ready to go to bed. I think Chelsea is ready for me to go to bed too. At this time of night she likes things to just settle down and be quiet.

Til tomorrow.

Mary

No comments: