Sunday, September 13, 2009

A lot going on around here. I had to get out of the house by 8AM this morning. We were starting our choir warm up at 8:30 and I needed to pickup some meds for Mom from Walgreens.

We had a neat practice going over all of the music that we were singing at the Celtic Mass. The prelude went very well. The first song being my adaptation of the words from a hymn quoted by St. Paul in Phillipians. I figured it would be nice to be able to sing that old hymn so I revamped the words to the tune of The Water is Wide. It turned out quite well.

We also sang my Song of Lament which we have sung before. This time we put the words into the worship folder and I was delighted to have several people tell me that they were moved by the words that I wrote. This is always a delight. I am so pleased when people get what I am trying to say. Here are the words. It is sung to an old Irish tune called For Ireland I Won't Say Her Name.

SONG OF LAMENT

Maker, Father, Creator of life
When we follow the road you have shown
It will lead to the end of all strife
Where we’ll dwell in your glory as home
Jesus, Brother, the Message of love,
You walked with us and died as we must.
Lead us safely to heaven above
And be ever the one we can trust

CHORUS

I'm the kiss of the breeze on your cheek
I 'm the choir of avian songs
You can find me in flowering fields
And the gentle soft fingers of dawn


Spirit, teacher, who makes all so clear
Imbue in us love, faith and peace
Be our courage in conflict and fear
Be our wisdom in this troubled place.
Blessed Trinity- three yet one God
Leaves of shamrock remind us of you
Circle us with the shield of your love
And send us out to witness for you

CHORUS

If you trust in me I'll walk with you
This I promised since life first began
Three yet one we've provided for you
And carved you in the palm of our hand.
See the heavens a beautiful blue
Change to ebony sprinkled with light
In the darkness do not be afraid
For I watch over you with my might.

CHORUS


Had a wonderful time at the Celtic Faire too. I sang Isle of Insisfree with the band. That was fun. Talked to a lot of people that I had not seen in a long time. Several of the Celtic Women were there. They are all going to be at my music presentation on Thursday night. I am gong to provide tea and show them how to drink it the way I learned in Ireland. I have most of my presentation ready with plenty of time to firm it up before Thursday. If any of you want to come, I think it will be fun. We are gathering between 6:30 and 7PM at my house.

Now I am watching the Packers playing the Bears. A long time rivalry. So far they are tied. I NEED the Packers to win to have any chance for a win this week in my Football league.

Jeff and Kathy came to Celtic Mass along with Shane and Sara. Sara commented that 64 years ago, Mother was VERY pregnant with Jeff. He was born on September 14. She recalled that when he was born he weighed just 5 pounds and had lost a bit after his birth. They wanted to keep him but DID let her and Dad bring him home anyway. We were remembering also that Jeff was little for years. He did not do a whole lot of growing until his junior year in high school. He was always the smallest in his class until then. He grew even after he went into the service.

Jessie and Becky were at Mom's too. Becky, of course, had Elizabeth with her. Elizabeth is a joy of a toddler. Cute and very charming.

So it has been a great day. I am wearing out and hope that I see the end of this football game. I will have to go to bed at about the half but we will have it on in the bedroom.

Have a good week. The weather is supposed to be with us still.

Love

Mary

No comments: