Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Grocery shopping today. I got somewhat of a late start because we took longer to do the "stuff that I do" each day. But I was home by 10:30AM. I saw Jena from the Cream City Writers Club which reminded me that I need to get organized for next Monday's meeting. It will be kind of empty without Sy there. I think I told you about Sy. He helped start the Cream City Writers several years ago. Sy is a deacon in the Catholic church and served in Sheboygan and most recently in Sheboygan Falls. Sy has known my family FOREVER. My Dad was his scout master before Dad and Mother married. He is still active in Boy Scouts and acts as the chaplain. My grandfather, Michael J. Deeley was his confirmation sponsor. So our family have dies from way back. Sy is getting pretty old and unfortunately his eye sight has failed to a point that he can no longer drive. He is working on ways to continue his writing and wood carving but does not want Nora, his wife, to have to feel that she has to drive him everywhere. Saw him at the Celtic Faire and he had a nice visit with Mother and my brother Jeff.

I tried to nap this afternoon, but it was impossible. I was too busy in my mind.

I made some Lavender Tea Bread this afternoon. I want to serve it tomorrow evening at my CWI meeting. I also took care of all of the apples that Jeff and Kathy gave me on Sunday. I made a deep dish apple pie and applesauce. I probably should have done one or the other but once I get started, it is hard to stop.

While I was peeling apples the door bell rang. It was the man of the family that purchased our home at Hunters Glen three years ago. He had a package for me. Mary Schultze had sent the Galacian CD that she purchased for me on her trip to our old address. He works here in Plymouth and kindly brought it by the house for me. He also brought St. Joseph. I had buried St. Joseph in the front planter while we were trying to sell the house and had written asking if they would let me know if they found it. I couldn't before we left because there were beautiful plants growing and I would have destroyed the roots. Wasn't that the most considerate thing? I put him immediately up on the mantle where he belongs. Perhaps now, blessings will flow like water into this house.

Tomorrow will also be a very busy day so I need to be in bed on time to get my rest.

This afternoon, I was thinking of a very sweet old couple that I knew in the previous life that I lived in California. I have mentioned that we belonged to a jeep club. There was an older couple, Cap and Helen Randall, who were members of the Orange County Four Wheelers and very active in the Southern California Jeep Association. They had been jeeping forever. When the Ford Mustang came out, dear little Old Helen said that if they would put four wheel drive in it she might consider buying it. It was a cute car. Why do they change the design and call it the same thing?

Take care

Mary

No comments: