Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Dick has beautiful teeth. He had a dental appointment for cleaning and his technician told him several times how beautiful his teeth are. He is gloating.

After we did that and picked up a couple of prescriptions the morning was pretty well shot. I fixed chicken for lunch. A fter a short rest, I had an appointment for a hair cut.

The rest of the day was just filled in with,as Dick says, "things that I do." Wash, cooking, cleaning and taking care of critters two and four legged.

A quiet evening. Thank heavens. I was remembering something today. We were watching a show that mentioned a stretch limo. Shortly after Bart and I moved here it was time for Bret's graduation from high school. Bart and I went out to California for the event. When it was time to come home there was a problem with the flight that we were supposed to take back. The airline got us on a flight that took us to Chicago, but our ride home was waiting in Milwaukee. They worked this out by saying that they would have a car rental waiting for me to drive to Milwaukee.

Don't trust the airlines if they promise stuff. I got to the car rental place after we landed in O Hare and there was no car available. So I went to the airline counter and asked them what they were going to do with a woman and a child in the middle of Chicago at something like 10PM in the evening. They hired a limo - yes a limo, not the limo service vans but a limo - to drive Bart and I to Mitchell where our friends Kerry and Darlene were waiting with my car. Bart was beside himself and was suddenly no longer tired. I slept all the way to Mitchell and he just enjoyed being a celebrity. He was 12 and this was a real adventure.

Tomorrow is grocery shopping day and we are going to take Dick on an outing again.

Love you all

Mary

No comments: