Friday, September 18, 2009

Chelsea slept until 5:30AM this morning. I was amazed. I was SO tired from the events of yesterday that this was quite a pleasant surprise. It was close enough to 6AM so I took her out and then fed both her and Roxie and went back to bed. Dick woke me up at 7. This is the latest that I have slept in years. I would have liked more.

I really did take it easy today. The only cleaning I did was our bathroom. We got Dick all cleaned up and ready for a doctor appointment at 11:30AM. That went quite well, we hope. At least there are suggestions for solving the questions we wanted answers too. We left there and went to the Wilderness for lunch. It went quite well. Dick finally got the perch dinner he has been wanting.

When we got home I took a nap. When I woke up almost two hours later much of the aches were gone from my knee and hip and I felt much more rested.

Tonight was my night to work at Rhine so I left here at about quarter to 5 to start my shift. I forgot my sandwich. So I ate a candy bar and just finished my sandwich now with a glass of milk. We have only 11 teams signed up for trap so far. Lots of people are paring back on shooting with the economy as it is. We have a pretty good list of pistol shooters though. Nancy Coenen and Pat Becher have joined Nancy Roehre and me in the sport so we have some competition. Lil came down the first week, but with the rules posted, she realized that she has been shooting with a laser which is not allowed in league. Other rules are that you have to shoot one handed and cannot use scopes.

I came home to two messages on the phone so Dick must have gone to bed almost immediately. One was just a message from Walgreens. The other, however, was our Michelle. We will have to give them a call tomorrow morning. They are up to their volunteering again and will be volunteering at the Oklahoma State Fair tomorrow and Sunday. I figure we can catch them at home in the morning.

On the garage side of the house there is are field stones that lead to the grassy area. They are not set permanently but do form a path along the side of the garage. One of them has developed a golden shamrock shape on it. I think the fairies are busy around her. I took a picture and will send it to you.

Have a lovely weekend.

Mary

No comments: