Saturday, September 05, 2009

As quiet a day as the critters will allow. Roxie has taken to being somewhat of a nag in the wee hours of the morning but she goes away when I cuddle her too long. I got up at about 6:30AM. (Of course there is always that little potty break for Chelsea earlier.)

I cleaned the kitchen floor this morning. Dick slept until almost 9:30AM so it was really quiet around her. Chelsea and I had a really great walk this morning. It was nice and crisp and clear and dry. The rest of the day she has been a bit lethargic. Not a lot of zip and she has an OLD look about her eyes. This happens to her every so often. Even her tail droops. But usually after a day like that she perks up a bit again. Lets hope. We always feel so sorry for her when she is like that.

Today was Dick's shower day. That is still a production though we are getting really good at it. The callous with the blister on his foot is now oozing a bit. We are concerned, of course. Wounds we don't need. We are going to check it twice a day for a while and see if it will dry up faster. I put a bit of Neosporin on it today just in case.

I went to Mass at 4PM. Now I think I have some strength for the coming week. It is not too busy but a lot of preparation is needed for the next week. This week I just have to take Mom to the eye doctor on Thursday and work at Rhine on Friday which is the beginning of league. Nancy and I want to go out to practice once more before league starts. We didn't do TOO bad on Wednesday but are rusty.

So that was our Saturday. Busy but just us. It was nice and tomorrow will be more of the same it looks like. I will be watching out for our neighbor Dick's dog Katrina tomorrow and Monday. He and his friend are going to drive up north to try to catch some color.

So enjoy your Labor Day weekend. I talked to my Bret yesterday, his birthday, you know. He is out at his place on the Colorado River and sounded happy as a clam. He said his Aunt Jacquie called him for his birthday too.

Take care

Love
Mary

No comments: