Friday, September 04, 2009

Except for going over to Capelle's to get our fresh corn and tomatoes, we got to stay home all day. Was that ever nice. Chelsea got to ride to Capelle's with me so she was a happy happy little doggy. She has been very tired most of the day.

Actually, between 3 and 4 AM, Roxie came in to pester me. She is getting used to Chelsea getting me up for a bathroom run by 4AM. Finally at 4:30AM, I got up to peek at Chelsea to be sure she was OK. I was beginning to think that maybe Roxie was trying to tell me something. She was - she wanted a snack. The little minx, Chelsea, saw me so I did take her out and then went back too bed til 6:30AM.

I mixed up the beginning of a batch of lemon balm wine in the primary fermentor today. That is a rather complicated process as this wine required boiling and then steeping the lemon balm leaves then straining the cooled water into an also boiled mixture of water, sugar and lemon juice then adding other things. Before I go to bed, I have to add the yeast. I also checked the Specific Gravity on the peach and will do that for the next few days until it is right.

The nights are cool now. It is only in the mid 40s when I wake up though it did get into the mid 70s today. Some of the tomatoes are showing color, I just hope they ripen before the first frost.

Tomorrow will also be a quiet day, I hope. I will end with PART of an email I got today. I liked this message.

Mary

My Dear Friends,
'Life isn't about how to survive the storm,
But

"How to dance in the rain.."

No comments: