Wednesday, September 02, 2009

Grocery Shopping day. I went early and was back before 9AM. I did not have as much to get as usual so the trip was quick.

I picked up a really cute little miniature rose plant for Mother. The cut flowers just looked droopy and this has the prettiest little white roses on it. Mom was delighted. It is her and Dad's anniversary you know. They would have been married 70 years this year. Isn't that just amazing.

When I got home, I fixed gnocchi for lunch with spaghetti sauce. Bobbie came for lunch as she was working on the peach wine today. So we had gnocchi with sauce, salad and pumpernickel bread with cream cheese, tomato and basil leaf. As Bobbie explained to Dick, a smaltsy smaltsy treat. It sure was good. Then Bobbie and I went down and added the sugar and additives to the peach juice and racked it into the primary fermentor.

By then it was 1:00PM so I left to pick up Nancy to go to Rhine Plymouth to practice pistol shooting. We both did pretty well. My second one was not good but I was able to somewhat correct my aim on the third one. League starts a week from Friday. We want to go out one more time before it starts for one more practice. I also would like to get a new site on my gun and if I could have someone be sure that it its sited in correctly.

When I got back, Bobbie was still her so we got more chance to visit and be sure that all is well with the wine. I will be checking specific gravity so Bobbie will know when she needs to come back. It is SO nice to have her coming out regularly.

I took a nap when she left and have been reading and catching up on email since then. The day is almost over and again, I am very tired and my knee is sore. I guess over all things are better but it is SO slow. God is teaching me patience.

Love

Mary

THINGS TO THINK ABOUT REGARDING RAISING CHILDREN!

1. You spend the first two years of their life
teaching them to walk and talk. Then you spend
the next sixteen telling them to sit down and shut up.

2. Grandchildren are God's reward
for not killing your own children.

3. Mothers of teens now know why
some animals eat their young.

4. Children seldom misquote you.
In fact,
they usually repeat word for word
what you shouldn't have said

5. The main purpose of holding children's parties
is to remind yourself that there are children
more awful than your own

6. We childproofed our homes,
but they are still getting in.

No comments: