Sunday, August 30, 2009

It was a quiet day. I would not have left home at all, except that Nancy and I had intended to do some shooting so she picked me up at 1PM. We drove out to Rhine and discovered that there was a private party using the place so we turned around and came home and rescheduled, tentatively, for Wednesday. We know that league will be starting soon and haven't shot in weeks so we want to at least be sure our guns are working.

Dick had his shower today which is always somewhat of an ordeal though it is getting easier all the time. He is able to do more for himself as he becomes more mobile.

After I got home, I took a nap then read for a while. I am trying to make a point of reading every day and sewing every day. I have been pretty good about writing every day, even if it is only this blog. Doing this does keep me doing other things. So you are all good for me.

Now I am watching the Daytime Emmy Awards. I loved the lifetime award to Sesame Street. The cast sang their song and it was such a pleasure watching as they panned the audience and you could see all those grown people, actors mostly, become children again and mouth the words along with the song. If they didn't grow up with it, their children did. Would you believe that Sesame Street is 40 years old.


I was remembering my grade school days. I went to kindergarten in the same school that my Dad did. I even had the same teacher. Her name was Miss Spratt. Her family was quite prominent in early Sheboygan Falls and she was a spinster lady. I remember her as being quiet and very old. The school was a two story brick building with wooden floors and stairways. That is all I remember about the building. I remember having milk and graham crackers for snack in kindergarten and lying on mats for a rest. We were little people you know.

The only other memory I have is that I wanted high top black shoes for school. When I got there noone wore high tops and girls did not wear black high tops. Kids teased me. So Mom had to get me a new pair of shoes.

Have a save end of August and beginning of September. The months are flying.

Love
Mary

No comments: