Monday, August 31, 2009

A very active day today and I am ready for bed. However it is only 7PM and I have to wait until 9 so that Chelsea can get her last try at the bathroom. Since she sometimes gets me up at 2PM even when I do take her out at 9, I don't want to do it any sooner.

I had bible study this morning. We are such a good group and really support each other in prayer. We discussed the fact that Jesus was so accepting of the handicapped and put them right in the middle of things for acceptance and /or healing. This was the story of when he healed the man with the withered hand after the Pharisees asked him if he was REALLY going to do this on the SABBATH.

Then I went over to Mom for a visit. I took her some turkey and stuffing for a meal. We had our usual nice conversations and I got a couple of errands to do for her. As usual she said there is no hurry but, of course, since Wednesday is her and Dad's anniversary, I will take a run down there in the morning to bring her flowers as I have since Dad passed. I also have a box of candy for her. That will be fun. I do believe that this would have been their 70th anniversary if our Dad was still with us. We talked a bit about how cold it is this year and she remembered again how hot it was on their wedding day and the weekend following.

When I got home Bobbie was here already working on the wine. She had looked at her calendar and realized that three of her wines needed racking along with the two big ones we have working down there. So she had finished racking the three gallon batches before I got home. Then after lunch of Irish bacon, lettuce and tomato sandwiches she and I went down and racked my 5 gallon White Zin and her 6 gallon that I keep forgetting the name of. They both smell good and the racking went quite well. Roxie joined us. She complained for a while, then just hung around and observed. Bobbie also started peaches fermenting for a peach wine. There is a lot going on down in the MaryER winery. Wonder what Bobbie will call hers.

We are going to a Taste of Home event at the Weill Center at the end of September. We are excited. You get to taste stuff AND get a bag of goodies AND get in on a drawing.

Tomorrow will be a super busy day but it is all at home. Steger is coming to check the furnace for winter and Servicemaster is coming to clean our carpets.

My knee really hurt in the middle of last night and was pretty sore most of the day. I seem to have good days and not so good days. Tomorrow will be better, I hope.

Yesterday I told you about Miss Spratt. Mom reminded me today how scared Nora was of her. She hated kindergarten. Miss Spratt's father, George, was the last living Civil War Veteran from Sheboygan Falls.

Sleep tight.

Mary

No comments: