Saturday, August 01, 2009

A pretty quiet Saturday. I had a great night and woke up to very little pain. Though I ached off and on all day, it was a MUCH better day and I believe that the corner is turned. Tomorrow will tell the tale.

I felt good enough to do some baking today. From mixes so I did not have to be on my feet for too long a period of time. I made brownies which I was able to share tonight. I will tell you about that. I also made a Tastefully Simple beer bread.

I had a nice nap this afternoon. Roxie just loves it when I nap on the livingroom couch. Her head pops up and she rushes over and jumps on me. I usually cover my legs with an afghan and she uses the blanket between my legs as a hammock. There are days when she starts nagging me in the early afternoon and I think she is trying to tell me that it is time for our nap.

Then my friend, Nancy, picked me up at about 3:30 to go to Mass. She is so good. She called this morning and asked if I would, perhaps, like to go to Mass at Blessed Trinity and then spend some time with Mother. I was so grateful. I do miss my visits with Mother and won't be able to drive to Bible Study this Monday either. Nancy visited a relative of hers after Mass and then picked me up at about quarter to six to go home. So Mother and I had a lovely visit. I shared the brownies with Mother and with Nancy. Nancy came in the house, of course, when she picked me up, so Mother had another visitor. As Nancy and I graduated together, our mothers also were in Christian Mothers and knew each other quite well when Nancy and I were growing up.

The Blessed Trinity Celtic Faire quilt is hanging in the church. It is a Christmas quilt - Lots of snowmen on the quilt with a border of mittens. Absolutely beautiful. I will buy chances at the Celtic Faire. I sat with Joan Schueffner, one of the quilters. I told her that if they ever run short of quilters, I would still be glad to do a square or two. Seeing it actually got me wishing that I could get downstairs and do some quilting. Hope the feeling lasts until next week when I can.

Tomorrow will also be quiet.

Mary

No comments: