Sunday, August 02, 2009

Hello World. It was a quiet day with a mildly sore leg for a good part of it. However, each day it is less pain so I know I am mending - finally.

I spent my quiet day making cheese and meals and washing. I made a small batch of ricotta cheese out sour milk. One would think that I would learn not buy milk in anything over a half gallon. However, every once in a while a gallon is so cheap that I can't resist and I always end up with sour milk and trying to find uses for it. Cakes and breads and cheese work but it does not always sour at a convenient time.

We got a call from Richard today. He and Brenda have arrived and are enjoying Toronto. They are enjoying a Canadian vacation for his fiftieth birthday which is on Tuesday. So far the trip is fine BUT their luggage is vacationing somewhere else. They were planning on replacing necessities today and hope the luggage will appear. I told Richard about the first two vacations Dick and I took together. They were driving vacations to see scenic sights in Wisconsin. Driving, we did not have lost luggage, but Dick forgot his shirts. So here we were on our first day of vacation in a Sears or KMart buying Dick 6 or seven new shirts. He was a very well dressed man for many years.

I was able to water the front plants a little today, I did the deck yesterday. They really need more than I carried out but this will keep them going. Maybe tomorrow I will go out and just stand and run the hose. I think I saw a start of broccoli flowers on my broccoli plants. Yippee.

Roxie and I had a very nice nap this afternoon. She is really coming to expect me to lie down after lunch.

Only three more days til I see the doctor and hopefully get released. Soon we will be able to have our Chelsea back again. She likes summer camp but I do miss her. I have to admit that I don't miss taking her out right now with the sore leg, but I think I could manage now anyway.

We'll see how it is in the morning.

Have a good week.

Love
Mary

A Pan Am 727 flight, waiting for start clearance in Munich , overheard the following:
Lufthansa (in German): "Ground, what is our start clearance time?"
Ground (in English): "If you want an answer you must speak in English."
Lufthansa (in English): "I am a German, flying a German airplane, in Germany . Why must I speak English?"
Unknown voice from another plane (in a beautiful British accent): "Because you lost the bloody war!"

No comments: