Wednesday, August 05, 2009

Today was OK. I never felt too much pain.

This morning I got some wash done and got Dick and I all cleaned up.

Bobbie got here at about 11:30 and we had a lunch of cavatini, garlic bread and salad.

Chelsea again came for a home visit with Bobbie. I am sure glad to see her and miss her. I was hoping to pick her up tomorrow, but Dick thinks that I need another day or two to get my strength back so I am aiming for Sunday. I know that it will be difficult. She is a demanding little girl and needs to go out a lot. We will also have to build up to really good walks and she is definitely used to good walks with Bobbie. Chelsea and I have been limiting our walks for a long time because of my knee. But she and I will work it out. I intend to build us up.

My doctor appointment was at 1:00PM. It went well. I found out that the reason my hip has been hurting so much is probably because, during this surgery, the doctor usually has to twist a person's leg like a pretzel in order to operate and it is held that way for quite some time. I happen to know that if I had to sit in the yoga position like I used to when I was younger, I would never get up and I would die right there in the lotus position. SO it seems that there is a good reason for the pain. Today was much better. I have taken no pills at all today and am only mildly uncomfortable. I will take a pill tonight and perhaps that will be the end of them. They took my three little stitches out today too and I do not have to wear that stocking unless swelling reoccurs.


After the doctor, Bobbie took me grocery shopping. So that chore is all out of the way.

Tomorrow I will try driving. I have permission from the doctor. I will go downtown to have my hair done first, which is a short hop. If that works, I will drive in to Shebogyan to see the new Harry Potter movie with Bobbie. She said she will come to get me if it is too hard to drive. I am opting for good. We will be meeting for the 12:40PM show. Popcorn for lunch. YUM YUM. It has been a long time since I have been to a movie and Harry Potter makes me really happy.

When Bret was about 11 he told me that he wanted Ocean Pacific clothes for school. (Yes, even the boys get label happy.) They were very expensive and I told him that I was sure that none of his friends would have them but lo an behold they did. Fortunately, Bret's father worked on the boat owned by the founder of OP and he let us go to the warehouse and I got lots of shirts and shorts for a song. Bret was a happy camper . I wonder if OP still exists. It was all the rage at the time. The designer had designed the clothes for the surfers and the shorts and shirts just took off.

Have a good day.
Love

Mary

No comments: