Friday, August 07, 2009

I believe that things will be better soon. Today was not bad. I was sore but since we had two appointments today and I had to transport the wheel chair in and out of the car twice, I think it went pretty well.

I found that I can get the wheel chair into the car without twisting the ankle. We had an appointment with Tim the Prosthesis expert at 10AM. Dick has been complaining of pain on the side of the foot. Tim made an adjustment to the insert and it seems to have helped. Then we went over to the Blood Center for my blood donation. I was able to give today as my iron count was OK. Last time was the first time that it was not high enough and I was a little worried. They had a bit of trouble getting the blood to flow but with a small adjustment it went OK.

We stopped at Dairy Queen for lunch today. It is fun to do that. After we ate, I took a nap and boy did I sleep. I guess draining a pint of blood out of a person does that.

I talked to Bob Fleming today. He likes the dedication that I wrote for Steve for the Celtic Mass and Faire in Sheboygan Falls next month. We had another nice talk. He is going to let me ride with him to IrishFest next weekend. That is a big relief. Kate can come with us if she wants. She has been making noises like she is changing her mind and Dick won't let me go alone. I am glad that he is insistent on that because I would probably be dumb about it and it will be nice to have someone else driving. I am a bit concerned with the healing process. Patience is not one of my virtues and I need it for this.

I hope to get my Chelsea back on Monday. I know that it will not be easy to handle her but I miss her so much. My friend Janet Winchester sent me the following.

PET'S TEN COMMANDMENTS....

1. My life is likely to last 10-15 years. Any separation from you is
likely to be painful.

2. Give me time to understand what you want of me..

3 . Place your trust in me. It is crucial for my well-being.

4. Don't be angry with me for long and don't lock me up as punishment.
You have your work, your friends, your entertainment, but I have only YOU.

5. Talk to me. Even if I don't understand your words, I do understand
your voice when speaking to me.

6. Be aware that however you treat me, I will never forget it.

7. Before you hit me, before you strike me, remember that I could hurt
you, and yet, I choose not to bite you.

8. Before you scold me for being lazy or uncooperative, ask yourself
if something might be bothering me. Perhaps I'm not getting the right food,
I have been in the sun too long, or my heart might be getting old or weak.

9. Please take care of me when I grow old. You too, will grow old.

10. On the ultimate difficult journey, go with me please. Never say
you can't bear to watch. Don't make me face this alone. Everything is
easier for me if you are there, because I love you so.

Take a moment today to thank God for your pets. Enjoy and take good
care of them.
Life would be a much duller, less joyful experience without God's
critters


You do not have to wait for Heaven, to be surrounded by hope, love,
and joyfulness. It is here on earth and has four legs!

No comments: