Tuesday, August 04, 2009

When I woke up this morning, I noticed that I had no pain. I was totally delighted. I stretched my muscles and slowly got up and still felt great. So, silly me, I thought that I had finally crossed a bridge. But the knee and hip started hurting within an hour or so and by 3 PM I finally broke down and took another Vicidin. I will take one just before I go to bed and see how tomorrow turns out. I see the doctor tomorrow and will find out if this is normal. I am sure it is as the pain is definitely reduced - it is just so constant.

We had a quiet day. No one called or came over. I cleaned Dick's bathroom floor and the kitchen floor. I told you they were sticky and I couldn't stand it any longer.

We had chicken and teriyaki rive for dinner this noon. And grilled cheese for dinner. I baked some cookies with the ricotta cheese that I made. They are nice a subtle shortbread kind of cookie. I used Splenda so Dick won't have to worry about sugar.

He went down for a nap this afternoon which he has not done for several days and slept for hours. This is always a worry because sometimes his body gets to mixing up day and night. And I don't like spending my days alone.

I did some writing today - some of it successful. The past two weeks have been a bit dry, but I try every day to get something down even if it is pitiful.

I can look out the livingroom windows at the beautiful wall of trees that backs us. Today I saw several crows heading into the trees. I have noticed that they seem to gather there just about where my path really takes off over the railroad tracks to the park.

One wonders about crows. In some cultures they are brave and symbols of heroic things and in others they are bad luck and evil. I remember that the crows in California were even bigger that they are here. Zero, sweet Zero, used to love to chase birds away. One day, he came out of the house and saw a crow down the street He raced towards it barking his head off expecting it to fly. The crow just stood its ground and stared at his. Poor Zero screeched to a stop about three feet from this bird, almost a big as he, and hightailed it back to me as fast as his little legs could carry him.

Have a lovely evening and pray for me tomorrow when I get my leg checked. My appointment is at 1PM.

Mary


Zero

No comments: