Thursday, August 06, 2009

This was a red letter day.

I got up feeling pretty sore. That doesn't sound good, does it? However, things got better. At 9AM I drove (got that , I DROVE) over to Just Jane's on Eastern Avenue to have my hair cut. It went well. I came home feeling a bit tired and a little nervous but OK. After lying down for a while, I got up and puttered on the computer before fixing Dick's dinner and leaving to go to see Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince in Sheboygan with Bobbie.

We met at 12:30PM. For a while, it looked like we were going to have a private showing but a family showed up before the movie actually started and we had to share with four other people. Bobbie and I both loved the show. Bobbie wants to catch the others now, preferably in order so that she can see the build up. You can, however, see each movie individually and enjoy it. I had my popcorn and soda for lunch. Totally decadent and I loved it.

I stopped off to see Mother on the way home and dropped off her blood pressure pills. She doesn't worry about missing a day or two, but we know that he blood pressure has been SO good lately and there is no sense in messing with what is working. Did I tell you that her iron level is also up? All good signs and she does look much better than two months ago.

George and Betsy are in town. I know that I will get to see them on Sunday at Parnell. That may be it. Betsy has her family too and there are only so many hours in the day when one is only in town for four days. They may be going out for dinner with Randy and Donna sometime this weekend as this week is anniversary week for BOTH of them. August seems to be a wedding month. Dick and I will be married 23 years next Sunday. I am going to Irishfest that day. I want to be there on Sunday so that I can read my poems at the Poet's Corner during the afternoon. Dick said that is OK as long as I bring him a present. He does like his presents.

I decided to call Jacquie tonight. I was lonely and had not talked to her for ages. We had a great visit and I got caught up on a lot of people. I even got to talk to Todd for a bit. He may come to visit sometime which I could dearly love. He is a nice boy.

Guess that is all for now.

Take care

Mary

No comments: