Tuesday, July 28, 2009

 
Posted by Picasa


The day started off really good and is ending up OK. I had a nice quiet morning. I managed to get a couple of loads of wash done today.

John Nevicosi picked me up at about 11:30 to to to his wife, my friend Toni's Tastefully Simple Party. I had a very good time but found that by 2:30PM I was exhausted. I bought some really fun things, including a wine slush that I want to try when we have the family here for dinner some time. I met some nice people and noshed my way through samples of about 15 of the Tastefully Simple products.

I had prepared a Chef's Salad for Dick's dinner. When I got home he was sleeping so I took a nap too.

Today, I felt about the same as I did yesterday. I am finding that my leg and knee are sore as heck at the end of the day now. The first couple of days I woke up sore.

Dolores called today and we had a nice talk. I called Nora this afternoon and we had a nice talk too.

I hope you like the picture. Today in the mail was a card from Richard and Brenda. It accompanied the cute little bear that is seated under my computer. I tried to get a picture of Roxie right next to the bear but she tried to beat it up so this was the next choice. Not bad though. I love it. He has a sweet face.

Today, two of the samples we tried were drink mixes with rum in them. We had all of a tablespoon sample of the slush of each but they were good. Somehow, they reminded me of my mother in law, Lily. I don't think I told you this story, forgive me if I do repeat.

Her sister, Ruth, worked in the school cafeteria in Costa Mesa, CA. One day, she and a couple of the other ladies that worked with her stopped by Lily's home after they were done with work. They started to be having lots of fun, so Lily mixed up some Margaritas for them all. After a couple rounds were downed, Lily ran out of tequila. She found a bottle of 150 proof alcohol that Victor had purchased down in Mexico and substituted that for the tequila.

Needless to say, in short time those three ladies, not Lily, mind you, were bombed. Well, she couldn't send them home like that, they certainly couldn't be driving in that condition. So, she loaded them up in her jeep, with no top on it and road them around town til they were able to function.

We asked her why she wasn't drunk too and she informed us that she had better sense than to drink those last margaritas.

Have a good night and enjoy your hump day tomorrow.

Love

Mary

No comments: