Friday, July 31, 2009

I had a mixed night. Terrible in that I woke up at about 12:30AM with my hip so sore that I had to get up, take a pill and stay up until the pain subsided somewhat. However, then I did get back to sleep and woke up feeling much more comfortable. Today, I just ached a bit most of the day. Always bearable and generally better than the past few days.

We spent a very quiet day. Got ourselves cleaned up and fed. I watered the plants on the deck AND walked out to get the mail. I took a good nap this afternoon.

Excitement. Today, the "invitation" came from Commissioner Stenn Salvesen to join the Pro Football Pool I have been in with family and friends for the past four years. Am I excited! It means that we are getting closer to Packer season. Dick and I are watching a Packer Training Camp Special tonight to start getting in the mood. Do you believe that the first pregame is in two weeks? And I know nothing about the current team.

Needless to say I signed up. Immediately!

Roxie has decided that the cute little bear that Brenda and Richard sent is her toy. We find that poor little guy in the middle of the floor almost every morning and heaven only knows what he goes through before she tires of him.

We had a delicious salmon dinner with Olive Oil and Garlic Linguine this noon. And tonight some of that soup I made yesterday. It is one of those that tastes even better with reheating.

I am bravely watching the housework pile up around me. With Chelsea at summer camp and Dick and I not going in and out a lot it is getting dirty much slower than usual (except for the kitchen, both Dick and I are dropping a lot of things.) Perhaps it is good that I am noticing as it means that maybe I AM really getting better. A couple of floors are getting sticky. I remember - in my raising children days - hearing a fellow Mom announcing that when she started sticking to the floor, she would scrub it.

Tomorrow will not be much busier but my friend Nancy is going to come and pick me up for church. I am so grateful. I missed last week because it was too soon and I was in a lot of pain. I missed it in my heart too. Mass just brings me into focus for the week and keeps me centered.

Hope you had a wonderful week and that your weekend will be fun and fruitful. It is supposed to be nice. Maybe some rain tomorrow but we really need it. Brat Days are this weekend. I hope they are successful. A lot of good is done from those funds. I remember years ago, when Brat Days were downtown Sheboygan on 8th Street. The whose street from Fountain Park to at least Pennsylvania was blocked to through traffic and lined with stands. People wandered the streets drinking and eating and there was music. I really only got involved in one, maybe two of those events. Now it is much more organized and located in Kiwanis Park. Lots of bands, lots of food, not only brats, and lots of market area.

Enjoy yours.

Mary

No comments: