Sunday, July 26, 2009

 



Bobbie and I were talking about headstones the other day. She did not recall seing this picture on the blog before. It is the headstone of my Grandpa Michael Deeley's first wife Margaret Kenna. She died when my Auntie Marge was just a baby of a fever she contracted at a picnic she attended with Sarah Spratt. Then later, Grandpa married my Grandma Helen Ziegler.

When we were planning the cemetery tour for the Celtic Women, I told Beth that I had to look for a Deeley headstone. As you can see from the size of it, it was not hard to find. And Grandpa must have used granite, not marble because it shows very little wear from the elements.

Anyway, Bobbie, here it is. It is in the Cemetery at St. Patrick's Church in Adell. That church is in danger of being torn down. There is a group trying to keep it maintained from year to year.

Mary
Posted by Picasa

No comments: