Thursday, July 30, 2009

Today was the busiest day that Dick and I have had since my surgery. He had his coagulation test and I had a dentist appointment.

I got up at 6AM, a little sore, so I tried to rest but had trouble with that too. So. I got things ready for our dinner.

Bobbie came at about 10 or so to be our chauffeur. It has only been a week since my surgery and I have to wait another week. I am still in enough pain that I would not trust myself in a car anyway.

She brought Chelsea for a visit. What a joy. Our little girl looks great and seemed happy to see us and be home for a while. She did not object to leaving again though. She loves rides and is treated like the little princess she is at the Mays.

Dick's visit to the anti coagulation clinic was a success. His count is 2.1 so the next check is in a month again.

When they came back, Bobbie headed down to the winery to rack, as it turned out, two of her wines. The kit had to be racked which was a BIG production as it is 6 gallons and needed to be racked twice, once into a primary fermenter and then back into the secondary. She said that the hardest part was cleaning out the carboy because that is such a lot of wine. And racking 6 gallons takes a lot of time. She also racked the strawberry. There is a lot of wine being prepared down there.

We had kicky steak, rice, broccoflower and fruit salad for our lunch, then Bobbie took me to the dentist. I now have super clean teeth and found out that the dentist chair is ergonomically perfect for me with my gimpy leg. After an hour in that chair my leg did not hurt one little bit. When I left I told them that I might come back.

I received a beautiful card today from my friend Bob, celebrating the life of his life partner, Steve, who passed on July 20. I did not hear about it until Tuesday when the obituary appeared in the paper but I had known that Steve was very close to leaving. Steve himself designed the card and I will treasure it as I have all of his and Bob's beautiful artwork.

I finished up a dump soup for our supper. I had gathered a bunch of veggies and broths into a container in the freezer and today browned some Italian Sausage to which I added some chicken broth, a couple of cans of diced tomatoes and the container of stuff. I also had some leftover Spanish rice which became the starch. Boy is it good. I finally have something to put back into the freezer for backup. I had wiped everything else out in the past week. I kept some out for the next couple of days of course.

We had a little more rain today, and I mean little. But I think it is enough to satisfy the outdoor plants for a day or so anyway. Everything looks healthy. I am getting lots of tomatoes on my plants.

Bobbie and I are going to see the new Harry Potter movie next Thursday. I can hardly wait.

Have a lovely evening. Wear red tomorrow in honor of our servicemen far away overseas in danger. We can't forget them.

Love

Mary

No comments: