Saturday, July 18, 2009

I had an wonderfully enjoyable day today at the Fireside with Bobbie and Bill. Two people asked Bobbie and me if we were sisters.

My night was a bit interrupted last night so I imagine that I will really sleep good tonight.

I drove over to K Mart at about 10 after 8 as the bus was to pick the Plymouth passengers up at 8:30AM. The bus was already there. It was not a sellout program and there were no passengers in Sheboygan Falls so they were running ahead of schedule.

It was a usual Fireside special event. Dinner was SO good. It started with Sea Scallop wrapped in a potato crust resting on a sun dried tomato sauce, followed by Chicken Roulade, Rice with sausage, fresh asparagus and the Fireside's fresh baked breads. Key Lime Cheesecake for dessert.

Then Bobbie and I went shopping. I got the CDS of The Rock and the Rabbi and The Witnesses. The two together had a $5. discount so I was pleased. I also found a cute pair of sox with black kitties on them. They will remind me of the wonderful performance of the Witnesses AND my Oscar every time I wear them.

I liked this as much as I liked the Rock and The Rabbi that we saw last year. There will be a third but not til 2011. In the meantime, Danny Hamilton, the composer is going to be writing a Christmas special for the Fireside called The Child which will be presented in 2010 as their Christmas program. I want to see that for sure.

These musicals are full of such energy and tell the story of the Gospel in such a refreshing light and you like the apostles. They are such real people. It makes one realize that Peter was just a fisherman that was called by Jesus, not an educated or powerful person. There is so much in them. If you get a chance to go, - do. You will not regret it.

Now it is time to wind down for the night. I have a Roxie kitty resting comfortably on my desk under the lamp, occasionally asking for a little loving. She is a dear little thing and I am sure glad that she is here. Chelsea and Dick are already in the bedroom asleep. I will have to wake Chelsea for a final walk. Hate to do that because she jumps so when I wake her from a sound sleep but it must be done.

We saw two accidents, both rollovers, on the trip. One on the way down and one on the way back. Both looked bad so pray for the victims.

Take care enjoy your Sunday.

Love

Mary

No comments: