Tuesday, July 14, 2009

A whole day at home. I finally got up at 6:30AM. Roxie was sure glad to see me. Chelsea and I went for a somewhat longer walk than usual as my knee was not hurting as badly as some days and it was good to venture a bit further. The weather was beautiful all day and I was so glad to be able to take advantage of it.

I spent a good chunk of the morning staining the railings on the ramp. I also swept the ramp itself and intend to stain that tomorrow after I shop and go shooting.

I used some of the roast pork in a really good wrap for our noon dinner along with Spanish Rice and a salad.

Then this afternoon, I took a bit of a nap before vacuuming the stairs and sweeping off the ramp for tomorrow's staining.

A lot done but tons more to be done.

Oh well, I am retired and there are no deadlines but in my own mind.

Dick and I had a discussion this morning about how proofreading is going out of "vogue". People depend on spell check and other checks that do not always see the obvious. Then today I received an email that listed several cases that would have been certainly helped by proofreaders.

Here are two.

Man Kills Self Before Shooting Wife and Daughter
This one I caught in the SGV Tribune the other day and called the Editorial Room and asked who wrote this. It took two or three readings before the editor realized that what he was reading was impossible!!! They put in a correction the next day.

I just couldn't help but sending this along. Too funny.
Something Went Wrong in Jet Crash, Expert Says
No crap, really? Ya think?
----------------------------------------------------------------------------


Enjoy your hump day.

Mary

No comments: