Friday, July 17, 2009

Two thirty in the morning again. That Chelsea. The advantage to that is that I really do get back into a sound sleep and got up at 6AM refreshed.

We had quite a nice walk this morning. My knee did not start hurting too soon and it was cool and comfortable. We visited with a couple of the neighbors too. That is always a nice break.

We got Dick all cleaned up by 9AM. Early for us. Usually he gets a nap in first but today was much too busy for nappin'. Our first appointment was with Dr. Sharon at the Plymouth Clinic. He is pleased with most things and we have a couple of things to work on. Diet management and exercise are the main ones. His vitals and blood counts are just fine. We will see him again in October for his yearly physical. Hopefully Dick will be more mobile and a bit more in shape.

We came home for lunch and to take care of the critters. We had turkey/cheese sausages and Spanish rice for lunch. Good stuff. We ate some more of my Lemon Meringue soup too. There is just enough for Dick for his dessert tomorrow while I am gone.

We went to see Tim at Wisconsin Prosthesis at 1:30PM. Guess What!!! more good news. Dick got his "permanent" prosthesis today. It looks like a real leg from the knee down. He says it feels good too. Now he can start some serious walking. I want him on his feet and mobile as soon as possible. Tomorrow I am going to the Fireside with Discovery to see the Witnesses. Bobbie and Bill are going too so I will have company. SO we have to get him on his feet early as I need to be at KMart to catch the bus at 8:30AM. He can go again after I get home at 6PM. I am bring home bread. They have the BEST bread. I decided that I will bring a loaf for our neighbor Dick too. He is such a sweetheart to walk Chelsea when I am gone.

At 5:30PM, I loaded up the car and headed to Rhine for my Celtic Women meeting. There were only four of us there but it was a great meeting, those who could not come missed a lot. I brought a boom box and put Celtic music in the background and we all brought treats. Peg brought guacamole, chips and wine, Toni brought cheese dip and crackers, Joan brought peanuts and I brought Barm Brack (Speckled Bread). I just found it on an Irish site that is just wonderful. It is simple and really good. Here is the site.

http://www.irishcultureandcustoms.com/2Kitch/rBreads.html

Just cut and paste and you will be at the Barm Brack recipe.

We all loved it. It is a bit vague and I will tell you how I handled the vagueness if you ask.

Anyway, even with only four of us we had a great time and set up the next three meetings. Next month, of course, Irish Fest and/or the Reunion of the Clans at Parnell. September, I will do a music program comparing the similarity of the music of the Seven Celtic Nations. October we are going to do a Samhain celebration a bit early of the dark half of the year, associated with All Hallow's Day, Halloween.

So Now I am home and need to really wind down quickly as tomorrow will come early and I am going to be on my little trip.

Hope your weekend is special and that you are enjoying this summer. Perhaps the cool areas can warm up and the really hot areas can cool down a bit.

Love
Mary

No comments: