Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Grocery shopping this morning early, but first we treated ourselves to a Mc Donald's breakfast. That used to be our special thing (not always Mc Donald's). Breakfast and then grocery shopping. I hope that soon, Dick can come along with me again.

I got home from shopping shortly after 9AM and put the groceries away, then went out to Rhine to shoot. John and Jerry both brought guns for me to try. All the guys said that my 12 Gauge Bacall is beating me up. I shot one round with John's automatic and one with Jerry's. John's was really better because it is a bit lighter. By the time I got done with the second round my wrists and hands were quite sore. The guys have told me that I should look for a 1100 Youth Trap or a 1187 Youth Trap. So now I know where to begin. I got a 12 on my first round and a 15 on my 2nd. I have to remember the rules again. Follow through and don't rush it. Now that I am used to loading the automatic, I can concentrate on that. John said that I can use his gun until I find one of my own. They are SO good to me and keep cheering me on.

I shot some pistol with the two Nancys - Nancy Roehre and Nancy Coenen. I was awful. I really need to get my gun sited in. Jerry said he will help me last week.
Actually, I should have probably shot pistol first as my arms and wrists were so sore after shooting two rounds of trap.

I got home in time to fix our dinner, then I napped until three. I finished staining the ramp this afternoon. It has plenty of time to dry before we have to run the wheel chair on it. Tomorrow afternoon, I can put the safety strips on it. First I had to wait for warm enough weather, then I had to wait until cool enough weather and now I wanted to get it done before I have my knee surgery. Even if it is minor, I know that it will slow me up a bit.

Tonight is nice and quiet. I need to water the plants on the deck, even if we did have a little rain last night. Tomorrow, before I get my pre op, I will water the front. Dick I tell you that I have a couple of tomatoes set on two of my tomatoe plants and buds on the other. My broccoli is growing quite fast.

I think Dad would be proud of me. I was always the worlds worst gardener. Mother still laughs at the lengths that I went to get out of helping. Fr. Mike said that he gave the girls house at Sarnelli the garden and the boys the livestock and the boys were complaining that there were a lot more eggs than produce. I told him that I understood. I did much better with the chickens and rabbits that the plants myself.

Take care and enjoy the summer.

I was really impressed by the gorgeous green against the vivid blue sky the other day.

love

Mary

No comments: