Saturday, February 14, 2009

Chelsea and I woke up to fresh snow on the ground. It wasn't much but there it was. At least, it covered up the black grim that was showing on the old fading snowdrifts.

We got to stay home most of the day. I made a lemon merengue "soup". The pie did not set well at all. I am hoping that chilling it will make it easier to serve tomorrow and the next day. It tastes really good but I should have gotten out my old tried and true recipe.

It is St. Valentines Day. I fixed a wonderful t bone steak for our lunch. It was SO good. We have not had a steak for a long time. That with a salad, garlic bread and salad made a super Valentine Dinner.

I vacuumed the bedroom and den today too. Dick had his bath. That is quite an adventure. we are still working out the kinks on that.

I went to church at 4PM. It was a nice service and now I can stay home ALL day tomorrow. As I was listening to the readings I remembered our discussion at Bible Study of the readings. We talked about the miracles that Jesus performed while he was living. We came to the conclusion that the miracles were not his mission. He kept telling the people he healed not to tell anybody because he was wanting the people to listen to his message, not think he was a magician or something. He performed the miracles because he was a kind, human person and sometimes when people would plead with him for healing, he just could not resist helping them - because - he knew he could. But he wanted people to hear his message. I like that idea.

Today, I went into AOL and was listening to the voice saying "You've got mail." It reminded me of a message that Jim put on my computer years ago that said in a really seductive male voice. "I love the way you turn me on." Jim finally took it off because he said it made him feel icky. Not me.

Have a lovely Sunday. I talked to Suzi today, because I was worried about her. She sounded good and her surgery went very well. With any luck at all, she will come home tomorrow.

Love

Mary

No comments: