Friday, February 13, 2009

A busy Friday.

Started at about 6:30AM. We got ourselves up, fed and cleaned up before I had to leave for Sheboygan. I had an appointment with my friend Mark Mueller, an accountant, who does our taxes for us. He said they should be very easy this year. I just hope we are set as far as deductions and that we do not owe anything. It would be nicer to get somethign back but I would be happy to break even. I had not seen Mark in about a year. We were in Optimists together back when I was a member. Sara and Nora would remember that he was the guy that we ran into when we went to the JC's haunted house.

Then home. I cleaned the kitchen floor and fixed dinner and took a nap. Tomorrow, I am going to make a lemon merengue pie. So I mixed up the pie crust today. My pie crust can be refrigerated and used later. Lemon merengue pie sounded like a good dessert for St. Valentine's Day. I also have a nice Tbone steak for our dinner.

Today we had salmon croquets. We DO like them. I also had some nice fresh strawberries.

Tonight I went to Rhine to shoot a couple of targets. Some of my CWI members, Toni and Janet were there, so I visited a bit with them.

Bobbie, Tom Lawonn, cut his hair. I went to purchase my targets and he looked different. It is amazing but you can see it from the front. He said Lynn Reich cut it for him. I told him he looked very handsome.

Jerry Coenen tried to collect $260 from me because he said that I was the clincher for his wife deciding to take up pistol shooting and he had to buy her a gun. I am really getting excited. We have really expanded our pistol league and several are women. Makes it a lot of fun.

I am terrible this year. Don't know whether it is because I am not concentrating, I shoot too fast or my arm hurts. BUT Ken and Lil Pipping have volunteered to give Nancy and me some pointers and help us. I plan on taking them up on that. Perhaps, now that Lil is retired, we could do it some afternoon during the week.

Anyway, tomorrow should be quite uneventful. I certainly hope so as a day or two of quiet would be a real blessing around here. Of cours, tomorrow morning Dick will have his shower. Always an event.

Love

Mary

No comments: