Sunday, February 08, 2009

Today was a Dick and Mary day. The only commitment was my going to the 10:45AM Mass.

Dick slept until after 8AM. His night was not too good, but at least he got that early morning rest. We had breakfast, I showered and took care of the critters.

Church was nice. It was a special day for two cub scouts. This was Boy Scout Sunday and two cubs got a special Catholic award today. I love seeing the little people. We also had a deacon co officiating at the Mass. He was a classmate of Deacon Leo Mugan who passed away last year. Leo's wife Rosemary is a dear friend and member of CWI.

Leftovers for dinner and soup and sandwich for dinner made the day very easy. Dick seems exhausted today and is achy. We think part of the problem is the wheelchair seat. I have ordered two new cushions. They should be better than the one he has now. We are keeping the prosthesis on for as much of the day as possible. This is a very important part of the process. He is finding it helpful to transport himself from the chair to the bed or the toilet. Two legs work pretty good. Tomorrow I will change the pad on his foot again. So far so good.

The only work I did today, except for maintenance was to get things ready for taxes. Tomorrow I will call for an appointment. Sure be glad to get that done with.

So we had a quiet day for a change. Tomorrow will be rather busy, Bible Study, Mother and therapy. So I am going to bed at 8:30 to be rested and ready to go.

Tomorrow I will be making BLT Soup for supper. I don't think I told you that recipe. It is really simple and really good.

BLT Soup

6 slices bacon, cut in 1/2 inch pieces
1 medium onion, sliced
2 (13 3/4 oz.) cans chicken or beef broth
1 (14 1/4 oz.) can peeled tomatoes, undrained and cut up
2 TBLSP steak sauce
2 cups shredded iceburg lettuce

In large saucepan, cook bacon until crisp; remove and crumble bacon. Pour oiff all but 2 TBLSP drippings. Cook onion in reserved drippings for 2-3 minutes. Add broth, tomatoes and steak sauce. Heat to a boil; reduce heat. Cover and simmer 10 minutes. Add letuce; simmer 2 minutes. Stir in bacon.

Makes 4 to 6 servings. Really Yummy.

Later

Mary

No comments: