Thursday, February 12, 2009

This was a busy but fun day. Chelsea did not wake me up this morning at all. I finally got up myself at 6:30. She and I went for a very nice walk. We saw one of the regular walkers that we run into in reasonable weather. He waved at us. Maybe things will get back to normal soon. We walked down two cul de sacs. I think we need to build up before going the two miles or so we used to.

Dick got up at about 8AM. We got him bathed and dressed and fed in time for me to go over to Kate's at 9:30 or so. She and I went to Hobby Lobby to pick up the things that we need for the Doll Making that I will be having here next Tuesday afternoon. We got the dowels and bases and the fiberfill. Kate picked up some little doo dads for decorating the dolls. I also found a shamrock shaped cake pan. I can hardly wait to try that. This weekend is Valentine's Day. I picked up a tbone steak on Wednesday for us to have for our dinner that day and I will be baking a lemon merengue pie for us too. Dick had mentioned that he was hungry for lemon merengue pie.

Kate and I finished shopping in time to stop at Culvers for some lunch to take home for the three of us. Kate, Dick and me. Kate and Dick had cheeseburgers and I had a tuna sandwich. Then we had to leave for Dick's therapy. Kate and I dropped him off with Lori and then I took Kate home.

Dick's therapy went quite well. When we got home I took a nap. It was not nearly long enough. But it helped.

Since then I have been trying to put things away. It amazes me how "stuff" accumulates and how it gets scattered all around this house. We received the two wheelchair cushions that I ordered for Dick's wheel chair. One has to be filled up. That is a tomorrow job. I am way to tired tonight. The other we put right on the chair and he is not complaining so far.

Did I tell you that when I was out walking Chelsea the other afternoon, I saw a flying bug. I really did a double take. Who would expect living flying bugs in February?

Tomorrow is tax day for us. I want to get that in to Mark ASAP. This weekend is quiet. We have nothing scheduled at all, except for Mass on Saturday evening. I intend to try to rest and recuperate. Next week has filled up rather nicely also.

Guess that is all for today.


Take care and pray for Suzi who is in the hospital and needs healing prayers.

Love

Mary

No comments: