Tuesday, February 10, 2009

We are watching the Westminster Dog Show. We LOVE watching that. We probably will have to go bed before it is over, but can leave it on in the bedroom and just maybe, we will see who is the winner. They are now finishing up the sporting dogs.

We had a busy day.

We had to be at the Plymouth Center at 10AM to meet Tim from National Prosthesis for a check on the fitting of the prosthesis. Tim is pleased with the progress so far and is looking forward to helping us get a proper shoe for the right foot to keep it healed and strong. We got home at about 11:30 in time for me to prepare lunch and then we both took a short nap.

I got a haircut at 2:30 and then went to the grocery store to do part of tomorrows shopping (tomorrow is getting WAY to full) and to the drug store to pick up Mom's prescription. While there, I got a few OTC med and aids that Dick needed.

Monday is the Cream City Writers meeting. Every meeting we leave with an exercise for everybody. All those who are in attendance give a word and everyone tries to write a poem or a short paragraph using all of the words that are thrown out. Sometimes they are really unrelated and it can be quite a challenge. I FINALLY called my friend Peggy today and got them from her. They at least have some connection and are pleasant (not like "pickled herring") which showed up last month. Now I have to get to work. I did do a couple of small poems this month on my own and have three contests that I have decided to enter. They have three different deadlines starting with March 1 and the last on May 15 so I can make some goals. Even reasonable goals. I must start scheduling time for myself that way. I need to do some sewing/quilting too. This all will come.

Mr. Oscar just jumped up into my lap for a cuddle. As I wind this down, it will be time to begin getting ready for bed. It is beautiful outside. The wind which blew strong today has died down and the temperatures are very pleasant. My only complaint is that all the melting snow is making the streets just black and guess who is a magnet for black. I HAD to give Chelsea and emergency bath this morning and tonight when we went out she brought in footprints of grime. She was not happy with me but I had to clean her paws again.

Tomorrow will be a social day for me. I am meeting my high school classmates for lunch and then Bobbie, Mother and I are going to have dinner at Nino's and then go to Horace Mann for the Sheboygan Theater's production of Our Town. I don't think I have ever seen it live. I did see a TV version of it years ago. Should be interesting.

Sleep tight

Mary

No comments: