Saturday, January 17, 2009

The cold spell is SOMEWHAT broken, but we had light snow ALL day long and it is very slippery out there.

I even fell, for the first time this year, coming down the drive from church. I knew I should have taken the stairs but lots of people were going down that drive. A very nice gentleman helped me up. I did not hurt myself as I landed on my padded behind and was wearing my long coat.

I cleaned the bathrooms and the kitchen floor today. That floor was probably a waste of time with all of the snow out there, but I can't just let it build up.

I spent the morning with Dick, then came home for lunch and to rest for a while. Jim and Michelle came over from Oshkosh this afternoon. They came to visit Jim's Mom with her Christmas presents. With the bad weather, the had been unable to get there before then. Then they spent some time with Dick and came here to see me. I was able to "bribe" them with the leftover candy canes for Jim. They are doing well, and happy with their kitties. They said that Boots and the new lady, Skylar are getting along fine and a delightful source of entertainment.

Roxie came out to see them but Oscar did not show up. Roxie was very cuddly when I laid down for my nap. She kept me nice and warm.

I went to Mass at 4PM. Fr. Van Beeck was not there, the priest that subbed for him was the priest who gave the homily at Fr. Van Beeck's very first Mass. He was a wonderful speaker too.

Then I stopped at the Center and had supper with Dick. I pretty much ate and ran because of the snow and all of the slippery stuff.

So that was my Saturday. Not too exciting but full. Tomorrow should be very quiet. If the roads are OK, I will spend a chunk of it with Dick. A week from tomorrow he is coming home. I have begun bringing some of his stuff home so it won't be a big deal next week. The major problem will be the green recliner, we are not sure if it will fit in the wagon. I will measure tomorrow.

The car is very easy to drive. Did I tell you that there is a place to store a collapsed umbrella in the driver side door? Another cool thing.

Love

Mary

No comments: