Friday, January 16, 2009

Another Very Cold Day. But, at least it DID get above zero for a good portion of the day. Goofy Chelsea woke me up at 2AM this morning. This getting old is hard on the canine individuals too.

I went back to bed until 6AM then got up and took care of all the critters, showered, then went over to pick up breakfast for Dick and me from Mc Donalds. It was a red letter day starting with the next event.

At 8AM we went down to therapy. Tim from National Prosthesis was there with his modified prosthesis. They got to work almost immediately. He put the leg onto Dick and then he stood up and using the parallel bars walked back and forth three times, resting between each walk so that Tim could make adjustments and check the leg. There was little pain this time and no problem with abrasion or bleeding on the leg so we are really happy. The leg will remain at therapy for the next week or two and he will practice on it during therapy sessions. His next session is on Tuesday which is just perfect as he sees Dr. Moreno on Monday and he can confirm that there is no problem with the healing wounds.

After Dinner/lunch, I drove over to VW Motorville in Sheboygan and purchased a car. Isn't that exciting? Dick is really proud of me. I really did it all by myself. We are now the proud owners of a 2009 VW Passat Station Wagon. It is very nice. I am comfortable driving it. There are a LOT of really nice features. One very small thing, the car has winter and summer floor mats. The winter are rubber and have grooves to catch the water. The summer are carpet. I'll tell you other things as we go along.

When I got home, Bobbie and Bill were here trying to locate studs so Bill can install the grab bars that we need in the bathroom for Dick. We went over to Fleet Farm when he had them located but he was not happy with the bars that they had so he and Bobbie will go to Home Care Resources to see what they have. Bobbie and I found nice leather mittens lines with fuzzy glove linings that will keep our hands toasty warm in this awful cold.

I fixed a light supper and then went over to spend an hour or so with Dick. I was going to go pistol shooting as league was supposed to start tonight, BUT it is SO cold that they will not do trap and the basement range will be unbearably cold also. Toni and John had decided to wait. I called Nancy and she was SO glad that we decided to wait. She also remembers how cold it is down there.

Now I am home and the day is rapidly winding down. Roxie is curled up in the box that I am putting tax receipts in, Chelsea is at my feet and Oscar must still be under the chair.

A couple of Jeff Foxworthy's comments about Wisconsin.

If your local Dairy Queen is closed from November through
March, you might live inWisconsin . (We have a restaurant in Plymouth, Chester's, that does that very thing.)

You can drive 65 mph through 2 feet of snow during a
raging blizzard, without flinching.

You know all 4 seasons: almost winter, winter, still
winter and road construction.

Have a nice Saturday.

Love.

Mary.


No comments: