Wednesday, January 14, 2009

It was cold and rather snowy today, never getting above 9 degrees that I could tell. I did the grocery shopping this morning, then went over to stay with Dick and have dinner/lunch with him. As soon as I was done eating, I drove to Motorville VW in Sheboygan and picked up a Passat Station Wagon to bring back to the Center for Dick's "therapy".

We had pretty much made up our minds that if he could transfer from the wheelchair to a car seat without much trouble, we would go that route. It would save having to have a conversion done to the vehicle and be a bit easier to drive and park. It worked. I parked in a disabled area in front of the Center and Lori, the PT, and I brought Dick out to the car. I put a piece of cardboard down so he did not have to get his foot in the snow. Lori helped him position the transfer board and he scooted over and back with minimal difficulty. There was plenty of leg room all around.

So, I took the car back to Motorville and Al and I sat down to talk turkey. He had our Explorer appraised. I had already looked it up on blue book and knew what the trade in was. Anyway, he came back with an offer that I think is fair. Possibly, going to a bigger dealer in a bigger community might save us a bit. We could spend less by going to a used car, or buying a used Town and Country, and getting a conversion done.

BUT, this is a nice car, has a great maintenance package attached, we will be moving back to a brand new vehicle and the maintenance will be done in the county. So, I will call Al tomorrow and we will see how it will work out to do the deed.

I had supper with Dick too. When I got home, I heated up the lasagna that Kate had sent home for us, fixed a quick salad and hurried over so we would be pretty close to schedule.

Tomorrow, it is not supposed to go above zero. Even the schools are closing for the day. I am staying home, for sure. It will be nice to be in my cave hibernating on such a day. I am sure that Critters will be happy. Each of them has opted for special attention tonight. I love getting the cuddling.

Take care and stay warm.

Love

Mary

No comments: