Sunday, January 11, 2009

This was a very nice Sunday.

I got all the ornaments packed away today. All that is left is the tree itself and my Santas. Dick and I figured out that I can just take the tree down, one section at a time and store it away. Then I can vacuum the living room. Held off a few days because of the mess.

I went over to spend the morning with Dick. We just spend time being "together". I read a bit and did a suduku and he watched TV and rested. He seemed a bit tired this morning.

I went back home after taking him down for his dinner. I had my lunch then laid down for a nap. I slept for over and hour and a half, so must have needed it.

I took my supper over to eat with Dick. We had them bring his tray down to the Solarium at the Center. There was noone else in there tonight so it was a pleasant change. His table in the dining room is pretty full again. That makes it kind of hard for me to eat in there with him. At least if I order one of their meals. If I bring my own, I can always sit at a corner of the table next to Dick.

Anyway it was a restful day. Good thing because the next three days are going to be a whirlwind. Somehow real deadlines are looming. How is it that no matter how one prepares, one is always faced with these things that have to be stuck in a short period of time? Must remember that all I have to do is my best, one step at a time, and things WILL be OK. Somebody has always seen to that. And I trust that He will again.

Now I am home watching the Golden Globes. With Dick, even if he is there and I am here. We know.

I read today in the new Reader's Digest that one should set a goal to say Hello to everybody that you meet. A man said that he heard about it in Japan and said NiHao to every body. He decided that people were much friendlier in Japan UNTIL he came back to the US and tried it here. He decided that this friendliness stuff if pretty much universal.

Lets ALL try it.

Roxie is spending a lot of time on my lap and/or on the desk under the lamp. Oscar is beginning to cuddle me at night and sleep on the cedar chest at the foot of the bed. I feel like our family will be complete as soon as we get Dick home. I am sure that Chelsea will resent his taking her place on the bed but she can stay for a couple of hours as he usually doesn't come in until about 11PM



Love

Mary

No comments: