Sunday, January 18, 2009

Such a nice peaceful Sunday.

Chelsea did not get me up until 3:30AM and I was able to get back to sleep. I really COULD have slept much longer than I did this morning but figured I had better get up when it got close to 6:30AM as I was afraid of being chastised by the critters if I slept much longer.

I spent the time before going over to be with Dick getting ready for tomorrow. Monday's are supposed to be MY day. And it is. I have Bible Study and coincidentally it is also the Cream City Writers meeting in the afternoon AND the CWI meeting in the evening. That would really be enough but Dick has an appointment with Dr. Moreno at 2:45PM so there is scarcely an hour of free space in there. Oh Well. that is the way it goes sometimes. Everything happens "to oncst".

I ate dinner/lunch with Dick in the dining room. We were served turkey and pumpkin pie. Quite good. Then I went out to the Whirl Wind to participate in the annual sausage tasting. I had opted out of rabbit hunting but it was nice to see the hunters anyway. Seven people brought venison sausage made at 7 different meat markets, or at home. We also had a stick of beef Johnsonville sausage. The idea is that all the people in the bar ( there was a pretty good crowd today) taste all of them and choose their favorites. I don't know who the winner was as of yet but I have to say that this year there was not a real dud in the mix. Some years it is really easy to eliminate some. I picked one early but did not hate any of them.

Then I cam home and finished up a few more things for tomorrow before going back to help Dick with a few things and to massage his leg. That is very important for circulation and for toughening it up so the prosthesis won't bother it.

And here I am home again and ready to call it for the night.

I got the funniest email from my friend Janet. I sent it to Bobbie and she agrees. I am going to copy and paste it her for you.

Love

Mary

WHO IS YOUR BEST FRIEND

This really works...!

If you don't believe it, just try this experiment.

Put your dog and your spouse in the trunk of the car for an hour.

When you open the trunk, who is really happy to see you?

No comments: