Friday, January 23, 2009

Well, now I've gone and done it. I caught a cold. So far I am keeping the symptoms under control. I hope I can continue with that. I always figure if you treat the cold, it lasts 7 days, if you don't, it lasts a week.

Goofy Chelsea got me up at 2AM. I don't know what is wrong with her these days. I had trouble getting back to sleep. But at least I rested well.

I cleaned the kitchen floor this morning before going over to spend the morning with Dick. He started therapy at 10:30AM and Tim from National Prosthetics was there to make a few adjustments on Dick's prosthesis. Actually, it needed very little and Tim and Lori are pleased with his progress. We will be bringing the prosthesis home with us tomorrow and he will practice putting it on and off and just wearing it every day. We will go in three times a week to practice actually walking until he is ready to go it alone. Big steps today.

His wheel chair also came to the center this afternoon, so we are rolling.

I had lunch with the bank ladies. We had a pretty full crew. Marlene, Betty (recovering from her surgery), Dawn, Ceil, Barb, Mary and me.

I picked up some new pillows for us on the way home. I figured that since he will need more than one for bracing himself, a new one was in order. When I arrived home, the Time Warner guy was already waiting for me. It was only 2PM and I had not expected him until between 3 and 5 so this was a real bonus. He did a quick and thorough job and was out in about an hour and a half. Everything is working just fine.

I did some sewing on Dick's lap robe. I had hoped to get further, but should be able to finish tomorrow.

At 5PM Nancy picked me up to go to Rhine to shoot our first rounds for the winter pistol league. We are excited. There ar 13 people signed up for pistol this league. I didn't do too well but will keep plugging along. I shot 4 targets and the last was showing SOME improvement. Toni and Janet, who are also Celtic Women, are shooting also. They are so excited that Dick is coming home, that Janet made a special pillow for Dick to welcome him him from the Celtic Women. After he gets to see it , I will take a picture and post it for you to see. How sweet is that? It is personalized for him also.

Then I had to take a couple things over to Dick and kiss him goodnight. Now me and the critters are settling down for a long winter night. Hope you are too. It is supposed to be getting cold again.

So tomorrow I cook. I am picking up Share too. I will have lunch and supper with Dick but intend to spend the rest of the time at home getting the last minute things done.

Til then.

All my love and stay warm

Mary

No comments: