Thursday, January 22, 2009

Well, another day closer to being a family again.

Chelsea woke me up at 2:10AM. Needless to say, I was back in bed with the door closed by 3:10AM and slept until 6AM. Roxie is quite nice about not banging on the door during that time, but she is waiting for me when I come out, ready for breakfast.

I vacuumed the bedroom this morning and did a load of wash before heading over to the Center. I was there in plenty of time to go down to therapy with Dick. We discussed wheel chairs so I had to make a couple of calls before going to Mass at 10AM. Fr. Van Beeck was there to say Mass for whoever of the residents wished to come. I was glad I did not miss it.

We brought Dick upstairs with his prosthesis on and he kept it on until after the afternoon therapy, after 3PM. He had very little discomfort except when actually getting up or sitting down. Then there is a sore spot on the stump. He has little problem while walking, just a little tightness. Tomorrow Tim from National Prosthesis will be there to do some more adjustments and give more hints.

We now have the current list of all his meds. Some of what we had are good and the Center will send whatever are left of his current bubble packs, so we will be replacing them as they run out. We have an appointment with Dr. Sharon on Wednesday so can firm everything up then.

I hope to high heaven that everything we need is ordered now. We have the slide boards, the threshold ramp and the commode are on the way. I HOPE we have the wheelchair coming. That has been a nightmare. Everybody tells me that I need to do something different. Dr. Sharon is probably ready to kill us as he must have four requests for different information. All we want is a wheelchair covered by Medicare and nobody knows what they are doing.

I ate lunch with Dick today and when all was done, I came home at about 4:30PM and STAYED. I need some time to recuperate. Hope I am taking enough.

Dick got his hair and beard cut today too.

So it was a busy day. Tomorrow looks just about as busy. But I have to be home between 3 and 5 to wait for Time Warner. SO I should be able to rest then. Saturday, I intend to stay home EXCEPT for having dinner and supper with Dick and going to Church. Then Sunday is the BIG day.

I am glad that Bobbie and Bill and Jim and Michelle are coming for dinner. It will be good to have someone here for part of the day in case there are bugs to work out.

Take care and pray for us.

Love

Mary

No comments: