Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Today was VERY interesting.


I got up at 6AM and seemed to be on the go all day. I had tons of things to put away and get straightened out this morning before going over to spend the morning with Dick. I also had to put out the trash. I got to the center at about 9:30, having taken out the trash on the way. He went down for therapy at about 10AM. We spent an hour trying on the prosthesis and working on getting on and off of the toilet. A very essential thing if he is to come home.

We got upstairs in time to watch Obama take his oath as president listen to his acceptance speech. I thought it was a good speech and enjoyed the invocation very much. We really watched inauguration all day whenever we were near a TV. Now I am tired of it. I ate dinner with Dick then we met Lori from Therapy downstairs to come home and do a home evaluation to see what we might need to do to make everything safe.

A bit of a side. When I walked down to therapy, Leah, Lori's assistant, who had a baby just before Christmas, was there visiting with her little sweet angel, Tanner. He is a beautiful baby boy. I don't know how long Leah will be gone, but perhaps Dick will be done with therapy altogether. That would be bittersweet. Leah is very nice but we would like to be DONE.

Then Lori, Dick and I came home. Bobbie and Bill were here putting in the last of the grab bars for Dick. Lori really put Dick through his paces, with and without the prosthesis. He got on and off of the toilet, moved around the house, to his desk and into the kitchen. He also got in and out of bed. Chelsea was SO glad to see him. He felt good about that.

We did not get back until almost four o'clock. Then I had to go to Walmart, the vet and to the bank before coming home for supper. I did go back to see Dick one more time but I was so tired that Dick felt bad that he asked me. Anyway. I am home now and will go to bed as soon as I can.

A new Maxine

"Personally I think conservatives and liberals should move towards the middle of the road. Makes 'em easier to run them over."

Love

Mary

No comments: