Sunday, November 16, 2008

Today was a day for me to be huddled in my cave. It worked too. The only time I left was to go and shoot pistol with Nancy this afternoon. When we got to the club there was one truck parked in the lot. It was Doc (Don) Blake. He had come to the club to watch the Packer game. It seems that Judy, his wife, was giving a jewelry party and he just wanted to get out of the house. Nancy and I were glad to see him. After we shot, we visited with him for a bit before heading on home.

When I got home, I loaded Chelsea up in the car and we went over to see Dick for a hug. I stopped at the grocery store to pick up a Milwaukee Sentinal. It will give him something to read AND a TV guide for the week.

By the way, my scores were not TOO bad today. Nancy and I want to keep practicing so that we will be ready for the winter league that starts in January.

I took two naps today and am still tired. I plan on being IN bed at 9PM and hope to get a really good night's sleep. This is a really busy week and I need to be prepared.

Tomorrow, I will be going to Bible Study and then over to Mom's. I talked to her tonight. She is fine but felt a bit weak today and did not go to Mass, so I will pick up a bulletin for her from church.

I called Bret AND Bart and Barb today. Bart and Barb are a bit under the weather but doing OK and Bret is fine. He spent the weekend at the River, thank heavens. Now that he is back, he is in no danger from the fire but having sneezing fits from all the ash and the Santa Ana Winds that are blowing.

The only thing I did today was to go through and clean my coat closet/cookbook shelves. That gave me a good feeling.

Nora called today. It was so good to talk to her. She keeps track through this blog. The blog is a good thing. Today I got a message from someone, who just happened to read the blog. He or she said that they knew someone who had gone through hyperbaric procedures and that it worked wonders. That is certainly encouraging in this time of such uncertainty and concern.

Hope your week goes well. Keep us in mind. Tomorrow, my friend Kate's husband has a minor surgery. Pray for them too.

Love

Mary

I got the following in an email. It is just too cute so I thought I would brighten your day.

THE THREE LITTLE PIGS


This is a true story, proving how fascinating the mind of a six year old is. They think so logically.

A teacher was reading the story of the Three Little Pigs to her class. She came to the part of the story where the first little pig was trying to gather the building materials for his home.

She read: 'and so the little pig went up to the man with the wheelb arrow full of straw and said: 'Pardon me sir, but may I have some of that straw to build my house?'

The teacher paused then asked the class: 'And what do you think the man said?'

One little boy raised his hand and said very matter-of-factly. 'I think the man would have said: 'Well, I'll be damned! A talking pig!'

The teacher had to leave the room.

No comments: